ob Title: Senior Program Officer
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with occasional travel to program locations
Type of position: Employment contract, full time
Length of Contract: One year
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation (SEED) is a registered charity organization in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED works with survivors of violence and conflict in the KRI to help them rebuild their lives, including survivors of gender based violence (GBV), trafficking, torture, internally displaced Iraqis, refugees, members of religious and ethnic minority groups, and other vulnerable people. SEED provides comprehensive services for survivors including case management, mental health and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities. SEED also works to improve the skills of local psychologists and other service providers through education, training and supervision programs to better equip them to help individuals and communities heal. SEED works with local institutions and others to promote laws, policies and procedures that promote human rights and the protection of the most vulnerable. Our work reflects international best practices and expertise, combined with local know-how and understanding.
Role of Senior Program Officer
The Senior Program Officer assists in all aspect of SEED’s work developing, implementing, and reporting on development programs and projects, including planning, writing, communications, representation and implementation.
Program and Project Management
- Assisting Program Directors and Managers with all aspects of program and project planning including program design and conduct of research.
- Assist with full cycle of program and project implementation.
- Assisting on grants management including setting up paper and electronic filing systems, filing and tracking grant documents.
- Develop and maintain list of reporting deadlines for grants and play key role in collection of data, ensuring accuracy of data, and report writing.
- Develop project documents and planning tools.
- Help to collect information including creating survey instruments; analyze information and write documents, articles, and reports.
- Development of communications and promotional materials including project descriptions, flyers, success stories, and social media communications.
- Assist in outreach and events.
- Assist in donor management, management of database, and fundraising.
- Participate in all training instructed by supervisor.
- Performs other duties as necessary, as assigned by supervisor.
- Serve as a positive role model and SEED ambassador at all times.
- Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, disability status, marital status and ethnicity.
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude.
- At least two years of experience in related field.
- Experience in Iraq and/or Kurdistan Region a plus.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- High standard of spoken and written English, with Arabic and/or Kurdish a plus.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
Please e-mail the following in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Senior Program Officer“ and Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Cover letter
- three references with complete contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.