Job Title: Senior Program Officers (multiple positions; national and expat)
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with occasional travel to program locations
Type of position: Employment contract, full time.
Length of Contract: 12 months
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. National compensation package/ Expatriate Compensation Package: includes relocation expenses and housing and local transportation allowances.
About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking in persons (TIP) including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of Senior Program Officer: SEED is seeking a number of Senior Program Officers support the implementation of international grant programs to protect, empower and support the recovery of vulnerable and conflict-affected people in Iraq through the provision of high quality, comprehensive protection, MHPSS, GBV, and child protection services, and improve protections through public awareness-raising, advocacy and technical assistance, and capacity-building efforts for government and NGOs. The Senior Program Officers to assist in all aspects of SEED’s work including planning, implementation, evaluation and reporting.
Program and Project Implementation (80%)
- Assist Program Director and Managers with program planning including conduct of research and program design.
- Assist with the full cycle of program implementation.
- Support grants management including creation of paper and electronic filing systems, and filing and tracking grant documents.
- Develop and maintain a list of reporting deadlines for grants and play key role in the collection of data, ensuring accuracy of data, and report writing, ensuring high quality reporting.
- Develop program documents and tools.
- Develop work plans and track progress towards programmatic targets, ensuring any challenges are immediately flagged.
- Support the development of practices and policies and ensure that these are adhered to.
- Ensure that program procurement is in line with SEED’s policies and donor regulations.
- Working closely with management personnel and SEED’s Technical Unit, ensure implementation of effective strategies to provide high quality, comprehensive services.
- Working closely with other management personnel and the Technical Unit, ensure implementation of effective strategies to improve protections and reduce violence through awareness-raising, advocacy and increased local government capacity.
Communications and Outreach (20%)
- Develop communications and promotional materials including program descriptions, flyers, success stories, and social media communications, ensuring adherence to SEED’s storytelling policy.
- Assist in outreach and events.
- Participate in all training instructed by the supervisor.
- Performs other duties as necessary, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Serve as a positive role model and SEED ambassador at all times.
- Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, disability status, marital status, and ethnicity.
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude.
- At least three years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in Iraq and/or Kurdistan Region a plus.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- High standard of spoken and written English, with Arabic and/or Kurdish a plus.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com using “Senior Program Officer” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.