Job Title: Senior TIP Case Manager
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI),
Type of position: Full time-40 Hours per week
Length of Contract: 12 months
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Local compensation package.
About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally-registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking in persons (TIP) including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the Senior TIP Case Manager: The Senior TIP Case Manager will deliver services to protect, empower and support survivors of trafficking through the provision of comprehensive case management and psychosocial support. The Senior TIP Case Manager will conduct outreach, liaise with law enforcement and officials of the public justice system, and provide emergency response services and comprehensive community-based case management for survivors of human trafficking. Responsibilities include supporting survivors to foster safety and empowerment; undertake screening and needs assessments; conduct care planning and make recommendations on how to best achieve client goals. Additionally, the Senior TIP Case Manager will support the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of SEED’s anti-trafficking work through careful case noting and documentation of all related activities.
The Senior TIP Case Manager will serve as a liaison for the STEPS Center to external partners; participate in public awareness raising and outreach as required; and identify and collaborate with other agencies and organizations to ensure good outcomes for clients.
Provision of Case Management Services (50%)
- As is possible, create a safe environment and ensure responses are trauma informed act in caring manner when first meeting or screening persons referred;
- Conduct initial TIP screening for survivors referred to SEED, both for community-based referrals and those referred for shelter;
- Coordinate and provide comprehensive, confidential, timely and effective case management services, including needs assessment, care and safety planning, follow up and provision of psychosocial support, in a trauma-informed and survivor-centred manner;
- Maintain regular connection with and provide timely updates to all clients on their case status, progress and any barriers or delays;
- Facilitate referrals to partner agencies providing services in accordance with the Standard of Care, as needed per each individual case;
- Facilitate the provision of ongoing services through internal referrals to service providers for MHPSS services, legal services, as identified during care planning;
- Provide guidance and support to case managers providing case management in the shelter to enhance their capacity;
- Facilitate timely and effective case coordination with shelter based case managers in relation to residents engagement with the TIP Directorate;
- Accompany clients to court, local authorities’ stations or consulates, as needed;
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all interactions with clients or other contacts in relation to a client’s case in accordance with SEED’s case management system;
- Participate in ongoing case conferences and supervision sessions with the Program Manager and MHPSS Technical Advisor, as required;
- Attend relevant training sessions, as assigned, to ensure that high quality services are delivered;
- Proactively seek personal development and identification of areas of professional development to enhance skills and knowledge;
- Maintain positive relationships with survivors, colleagues and other service delivery partners.
- Adhere to professional standards and SEED processes, as outlined by protocols, rules and regulations;
- Perform other duties as necessary, as assigned by the supervisor;
Networking, Partnership Development and Awareness Raising (20%)
- Network, develop connections and coordinate with other service providers and external partners in KRG, including civil society, NGOs, the TIP Directorate, MOLSA, Embassies, Law Enforcement, women’s shelters, jails and detentions centers, recruitment companies and local police stations to ensure a continuum of care for survivors;
- Support the development and utilization of referral pathways and service mapping for survivors;
- Contribute in the provision of TIP capacity building to partners, including law enforcement, local authorities, social service providers and others, as required;
- Participate in outreach activities and public awareness raising on the identification and needs of survivors, including development and distribution of materials and presentations to the community on human trafficking;
Reporting and Case Documentation (15%)
- Follow SEED’s monitoring and evaluation procedures and ensure systematic gathering and documentation of data;
- Contribute to analysis of challenges faced and reforms needed in the implementation of the Anti-Trafficking Law;
- Contribute to quality and timely reporting by providing accurate, clear data for inclusion in Monthly Service Delivery Reports, Quarterly Reports, program activity trackers and develop impact stories, as required;
- University degree in social work, sociology, psychology, or a related field, preferred.
- Experience working with TIP survivors for 2+ years, preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Experience working with people, especially on a one-to-one basis, and demonstrates sensitivity towards the needs of victims.
- Ability to produce weekly updates on identification and referral progress and an up to date progress of cases.
- Experience providing case management, experience providing psychological first aid, a plus.
- Experience working within a shelter serving survivors of violence preferred.
- Strong belief in human rights and equality.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to exhibit empathy and build trust with others.
- Strong ability to work independently, including ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time effectively.
- High standard of spoken and written Kurdish and English; Arabic a plus.
- Good computer skills, including using email and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Senior TIP Case Manager” as the subject of your email.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.