Job Title: Service Delivery Coordinator (Erbil)
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with occasional travel to Sulaymaniyah
Type of position: Full-time Employment Contract
Length of Contract: One year
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Expat/Local Compensation Package
About SEED Foundation: SEED is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED provides comprehensive services, integrating mental health, case management, legal and protection services, with psychosocial support activities to protect and empower survivors, and improve individual, family, and community well-being. SEED supports women, men, boys, and girls who are survivors of violence and other rights abuses, including survivors of conflict, gender-based violence (GBV), trafficking, torture, human rights violations, including internally displaced, refugees, foreign citizens, and host community. Through our Center for MHPSS, SEED strengthens skills of service providers and government actors through education, training and capacity building to better support vulnerable individuals and communities. SEED promotes policy, institutional, regulatory, practice, and social change to strengthen human rights, protections, and services for vulnerable individuals and groups. SEED combats human trafficking through services for survivors and those at risk including shelter protection; strengthen institutional protections through technical assistance, training, public awareness, and advocacy. SEED’s work reflects international best practices and expertise combined with local experience.
Role of Service Delivery Coordinator (SDC)
The Service Delivery Coordinator will provide coordination and management to a multidisciplinary team of service providers including psychologists and case managers delivering clinical and community based MHPSS services to survivors, and those at risk of violence including IDPs, refugees, host community; survivors of GBV, trafficking, etc. The SDC will provide oversight, direction, guidance, mentoring, and feedback to staff which they supervise. They will seek to ensure that service providers are providing high-quality services, consistent with SEED policies and programs. He/she will be supporting challenging and complex cases; ensure that all documentation and reporting requirements are completed by staff; support the operational needs of the team; identify areas of needed training and capacity building, and provide hands-on coaching assistance and training, or arrange for training. He/She will provide supervision and oversight by visiting program locations, coordinating all MEAL reporting, and supporting verification of services. He/she will report to and coordinate closely with the Program Manager and also with the mental health, psychosocial support and case management technical advisors to ensure quality services. He/she will be the main manager of the Service Line that operates in working hours responding to referral requests from partners and service requests from the general public.
The successful candidate must be compassionate, confident, energetic, proactive, encouraging, diligent, trustworthy, resourceful with experience providing case management and/or clinical and community based MHPSS services to survivors of violence and vulnerable individuals. The SDC must be willing and interested to work with team members and residents of different religious, ethnic, cultural, educational, and socio-economic backgrounds. All services will be provided in accordance with international ethical standards.
Team Management and Supervision – 75%
- Coordinate and supervise service providers and the delivery of services under grant program(s), ensuring service delivery is in line with SEED values and operating principles including confidentiality, SOPs, SEED policies.
- Ensuring that all referrals received are assigned to a Case Manager, Psychologist, and assigned a case number, and inputted into Commcare.
- Provide consistent management supervision to service providers, in collaboration with technical advisors, to ensure quality care is provided to cases and that appropriate referrals are made, ensuring any clinically complex cases are referred for consultation and implementing case conferences regularly to the technical unit advisors.
- Ensure all staff have work plans in place and are provided feedback on a routine basis, as well as during Performance Appraisals.
- Identify the capacity development needs of staff, make recommendations for meeting identified needs, and provide training in collaboration with management.
- Monitor case management and mental health files to ensure timely and accurate documentation and reporting.
- Contribute to the development, coordinate the implementation and monitor the delivery of community based MHPSS activities.
- Visit program sites on a weekly basis.
- Manage and oversee service phone and email; Ensure working hours coverage of case management; and on exceptional basis, after working hours; assign cases in CommCare in consultation with TU.
- Review documentation of all reporting required under SOPs:
- Clients are assigned and visited with required time period; well-being and other assessments are completed and properly filed in CommCare
- Daily activity reports, daily check-ins, completion of client trackers and all required CommCare systems;
- Ensure staff conduct thorough needs assessments to understand case strengths and needs as well as their goals.
- Ensure confidential ongoing clinical and community based MHPSS services to cases and their families, as needed, to include the collaborative development of a Case Plan and Treatment Plan using SMART goals.
- Facilitate referrals to partner agencies providing services in accordance with SEED policy, as needed per each individual case.
- Ensure documentation of all interactions with clients.
- Contribute to the design of community based MHPSS activities and observe sessions to ensure that they are being implemented as designed.
- Participate in the development and coordination of outreach and community engagement plans as requested
- Lead on the development and ensure the utilization of location-specific service mapping and referral pathways.
Reporting and MEAL – 15%
- Ensure that staff complete all necessary reporting requirements.
- Contribute to monthly service delivery reports and programmatic quarterly reports.
- Contribute to reviews of data, client audits, and other monitoring tasks as assigned.
Coordination, Influence, and Organizational Representation – 10%
- Maintain good working relationships with all partner organizations, women’s committees, and other community‐based groups, to facilitate referrals and support related and/or joint activities.
- Attend relevant external cluster meetings, training sessions, and other events to represent SEED and gain the knowledge needed to ensure high-quality service delivery.
- Provide reports on all activities.
- University degree in social work, psychology or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as a social worker or caseworker/case manager, preferably with survivors of gender-based violence.
- Knowledge of case management, community outreach, psychological services, and referral pathways.
- Experience working with survivors of violence and other populations experiencing a lack of social protection and social inequalities
- Counseling experience and/or experience providing psychological first aid a plus.
- Strong belief in human rights for all and gender equality.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Strong ability to work independently, including the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time effectively
- High standard of spoken and written English and Kurdish and/or Arabic
- Good computer skills, including the use of email and Microsoft Word, Excel and online data collection systems
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com using “SDC – Erbil ” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.