Date: April 29, 2021
Proposals due by: May 16, 2021
Subject: Request for Proposal for Social Work Expert Consultancy
To address the critical shortage of skilled social work professionals in the KRI, which reduces the scope for effective prevention programs and reduces access to quality services for those at risk of GBV, SEED will work with a public university in Kurdistan Region to strengthen its undergraduate social work program through revision of the curriculum, addition of new content and materials, and training for faculty. SEED will work closely with the faculty members at the university to strengthen the curriculum through the development of additional content, including on gender, gender equality, GBV, and psychosocial support, adapting global resources to the local context and needs.
SEED will also work with the public university to strengthen the supervised practicum component of the undergraduate program to ensure that students have quality placements which better prepare them to serve those at greatest risk in the community after graduation. To support the faculty to teach the new components of the curriculum, to maximize the effectiveness of teaching, and to supervise students on placement, SEED will provide training on content and interactive teaching methodologies, and on supervision. Should COVID-19 restrictions prevent international travel or in-person planning meetings, these can take place through video conferencing technology with training to take place once restrictions are lifted.
Objective of Consultancy
SEED seeks a social work expert to conduct a needs assessment including: 1) interviews and focus group discussions with faculty and students; 2) review of the social work program curriculum; and, 3) review of the supervised practicum. The expert shall provide a report of recommendations in each of the three areas.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
||Estimated Time to Complete
|Inception Report: FGD and KII methodology and review of SEED’s assessment tools.
||June 1, 2021 – June 3, 2021
|Conduct assessment that includes:
- 6 focus group discussions and 12 key
- Review social work program curriculum
- Review supervised practicum.
||June 13, 2021 – July 1, 2021
|Submit a report of findings and recommendations for faculty staff, social work program curriculum, and students
||July 11 – July 15, 2021
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The consultant will be managed by SEED’s Program Director. The consultant will also work very closely with the Education Program Manager (remotely or in-person).
- The consultant will be required to utilize his/her own technology equipment and maintain workable Skype, ZOOM and email accounts for communication.
- All materials produced by the consultant during the period of this consultancy will belong to SEED.
- The consultant must sign SEED’s Code of Conduct, and abide by all provisions of these policies for the duration of the consultancy period.
- The consultant might be required to travel to areas of program implementation.
- Travel expenses (tickets, living allowance and local transport) shall be covered by SEED according to SEED´s travel policy in the event that the assessment is conducted in-person.
In accordance with the requirements above, the consultant is expected to commit to the assignment between June and July 2021, including remote work and time in the Kurdistan Region if applicable, as requested by SEED. The consultant must complete the work within the agreed timeframe.
- Advanced university degree in social work or another related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Education 15 Points
- Advanced degree in social work, or other fields related to the scope of the assignment 15%
- Knowledge and Experience 20 Points
- Evidence of experience working with public/private universities in developing and enhancing social work curriculum, in addition to working with teachers on capacity building such as professors of educational institutions. 15%
- Practical expertise in designing and applying FGD’s and other data collection tools. 5%
- Language Skills 15 Points
- English required, and Kurdish and Arabic a plus 15%
- Technical Proposal 15 Points
- Proposed methodology for carrying out this assignment 15%
- Financial Proposal 35 Points
Please submit your proposal before May 16, 2021 at 5:00 PM Iraq time. The proposal should contain:
- Resume/CV no longer than 3 pages (including evidence of experience).
- Technical proposal highlighting the methodology to carry out this assignment.
- Financial offer with fees per day.
Proposals should be submitted by e-mail to SEED Procurement and Logistics Unit through the email email@example.com by the date stated above. This RFP in no way obligates SEED Foundation to award a contract, nor does it commit SEED Foundation to pay any costs incurred