Job Title: STEPS Center PSS Coordinator
Type of position: Employment Contract
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Local compensation package.
About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally-registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking, including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
About the STEPS Center: The STEPS Centre, a shelter for survivors of trafficking and those at-risk, exists to protect, empower, and support the recovery and reintegration of survivors and those at-risk of human trafficking. The STEPS Center exists through a public-private partnership between SEED and the Kurdistan Regional Government. The objectives of the shelter are to 1) provide safe shelter to survivors and those at-risk; 2) provide comprehensive services to survivors necessary to support their recovery and reintegration goals, including services for physical health, mental health, legal support, economic empowerment, social support, and long-term housing options; and 3) equip residents to know and claim their rights. The shelter staff are committed to providing services that are survivor-centered, rights-based, trauma informed, and non-discriminatory.
Role of PSS Coordinator
The PSS Coordinator will play a critical role in the implementation of PSS activities for individuals who reside at the STEPS Center. The PSS Coordinator will develop, coordinate and implement all PSS initiatives and activities for residents, including the development of associated materials and planning and scheduling at the STEPS Center. The PSS Coordinator will support and coordinate with other STEPS Center staff in the implementation of PSS activities, as needed. This position reports to the STEPS Center Service Delivery Coordinator and works closely with the Psychosocial (PSS) Technical Advisor.
Ensure Delivery of Quality PSS Activities – 70%
- Provide coordination and support to STEPS Center staff in the roll out and provision of PSS activities at the STEPS Center.
- Support the overnight caretakers and ensure that they are provided with capacity building training to provide PSS activities after hours.
- Oversee the implementation of PSS activities and ensure activities are in line with SEED’s PSS Framework, including awareness-raising/education sessions and support groups focused on topics such as mental health, human trafficking prevention, parenting, communication skill building, social and emotional skills, etc.
- Provide input and feedback to the Shelter SDC and PSS Technical Advisor to ensure high quality PSS activities that are culturally appropriate and relevant to the lives of the residents.
- Ensure both individual and group PSS activities are planned for and implemented at the STEPS Center, making revisions to schedules as required and as new residents arrive.
- Develop PSS intervention curriculum and associated materials, with support from the PSS Technical Advisor.
- Work as part of a team alongside case managers, psychologists, lawyers, nurses and caretakers in the STEPS Center.
- Ensure assessments are conducted regularly to identify areas of PSS needs, based on residents inputs.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of clients at all times.
- Perform other duties as necessary, as assigned by the supervisor.
M&E and Administration – 20%
- Collect and share monitoring and evaluation (M&E) data associated with PSS activities on a monthly basis.
- Review, compile and report on M&E data in monthly and quarterly reports, including double checking PSS data and ensuring attendances are accurate.
- Follow up on any after hours sessions, on a weekly basis, ensuring both qualitative and quantitative data are completed by the end of each month.
- Maintain an organized database (soft & hard copies) of attendance sheets.
- Ensure weekly PSS schedule and planning is submitted to the STEPS Center SDC.
- Ensure paperwork and purchase requests for activities are submitted to finance in a timely manner.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as a teacher, activities coordinator, community coordinator, mobilizer, protection trainer, social worker, or case manager, preferably with survivors, in an NGO.
- Experience working with survivors of human trafficking, SGBV, or other populations experiencing a lack of social protection and social inequalities.
- University degree in social work, psychology, or related field, a plus.
- Counseling experience and/or experience providing psychological first aid a plus.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- High standard of spoken and written Kurdish, Arabic, and English.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org using “PSS Coordinator” as the subject of your email.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.