Training Programs Manager (multiple positions/open until filled)
Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with regular travel to other areas of KRI.
Type of Position
Employment Contract, Full time
Length of Contract
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Expatriate Compensation Package includes relocation expenses and housing and local transportation allowances
About SEED Foundation
SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking, including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the Training Programs Manager
The Training Programs Manager manages the training and capacity building unit and lead training and capacity building programs designed to improve the knowledge, skills, capacities, beliefs, and attitudes of service providers of MHPSS, GBV, and protection services in the Kurdistan Region. This includes tailoring existing training modules for different needs, as well as developing new programming. The Program Manager oversees the development or tailoring of training materials for service providers and government workers delivering mental health, social, legal, protection, and other services to vulnerable populations; managing the development of training programs, manage the relationship with institutions requesting training; recruiting and overseeing staff of the unit; overseeing the delivery of training; evaluating the impact of the training; managing the financial resources and operational requirements to run the program, and designing and implementing supervision and capacity building support to all trainees.
Training Program Development (60%)
- Oversee all aspects of the Training Program including recruitment, registration, and implementation to ensure a high-quality training experience for all participants.
- Conduct assessments of training needs
- Develop and design new training and education programming
- Review, develop and update the training curricula, training materials, manuals
- Work with management to update the program curriculum to ensure relevancy and best meet the needs of participants.
- Oversee the delivery of training
- Assist in the design of monitoring and evaluation measures for the training program and lead implementation of data collection and analysis, with support from SEED’s MEAL staff, to ensure an effective training program.
Staff Management & Administrative Functions (40%)
- Manage budget and provide financial oversight to the program
- Recruit and manage training staff, including the development of unit and staff work plans and conduct staff appraisals.
- Ensure program objectives are met in a timely manner and report on progress towards all objectives, as assigned by supervisor
- Identify challenges and make recommendations for course correction
- Contribute to all programs and grant reporting, ensuring high-quality reports.
- Contribute to all MEAL efforts to promote program quality.
- Contribute to communications efforts
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, international development, management, or other relevant degree
- At least five years of NGO program management experience in international settings including project design, implementation, budget management, staff management, and MEAL.
- Experience designing and creating training and capacity building programs for adult learners
- Compassionate, confident, dynamic and independent leader
- Experience managing staff; experience providing supervision and oversight to MHPSS service providers a plus
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality
- Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and persuasion skills
- Strong ability to work independently, including the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time effectively
- High standard of spoken and written English; Arabic and/or Kurdish a plus
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
- Willingness to live in Kurdistan Region, Iraq
- Strong people and project management skills; Strong leadership skills.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications through the below link HERE; https://seedkurdistan.odoo.com/jobs/detail/training-programs-manager-213
- In order for an application to be considered valid, SEED only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.