Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI), with occasional travel to other areas of KRI.
Type of Position
Length of Contract
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Expatriate compensation package: includes relocation expenses and housing and local transportation allowances.
About SEED Foundation
SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on three key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-development programs; and 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen rights and protections for vulnerable groups and individuals through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy.
Role of the Program Coordinator
SEED is seeking a Program Coordinator to support and coordinate the implementation and management of an international grant program to support survivors of violence and strengthen protections. The Program Coordinator will assist in all aspects of the program, including planning, implementation, evaluation and reporting. The Program Coordinator will report to the Program Manager.
Program and Project Implementation (80%)
- Assist the Program Manager with program planning.
- Assist with the full cycle of program implementation.
- Support grants management including filing and tracking grant documents.
- Develop and maintain a list of reporting deadlines for grants and play a key role in the collection of data, ensuring accuracy of data.
- Lead donir report writing, ensuring high quality reporting.
- Develop program documents and tools.
- Develop work plans and track progress towards programmatic targets, ensuring any challenges are immediately flagged.
- Support the development of practices and policies and ensure that these are adhered to.
- Ensure that program procurement is in line with SEED’s policies and donor regulations.
- Working closely with management personnel and SEED’s Technical Unit, ensure implementation of effective strategies to provide high quality, comprehensive services.
- Working closely with other management personnel and the Technical Unit, ensure implementation of effective strategies to improve protections and reduce violence through awareness-raising, advocacy and increased local government capacity.
Communications and Outreach (20%)
- Participate in all training instructed by the supervisor.
- Performs other duties as necessary, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure the respect of SEED’s Code of Conduct, SEED’s policy on Accountability, and ensure compliance with SEED’s policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, humanitarian principles, and contribute to protection, and Age, Gender, Diversity (AGD) mainstreaming into SEED’s programming.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned by the Director of Programs.
Required Experience and Competencies
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience; experience in Iraq and/or Middle East is considered an asset.
- Experience in international development or humanitarian settings working with survivors of violence. Experience on human rights, protection, and gender will be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and cross-cultural abilities.
- Strong ability to work independently, including the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Well-organized, self-motivated, and ability to work in a team.
- Excellent English, including drafting skills.
- Ability to live in KRI.
- High standard of spoken and written English;
- Arabic and/or Kurdish is desirable
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this Link.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- In order for an application to be considered valid, SEED only accepts online profiles duly completed.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. NO CALLS PLEASE.