To mark the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence and support the promotion of gender equality and the positive portrayal of women and girls, SEED Foundation is launching an art competition, young artists are invited to submit artwork of varying techniques that visualize gender equality and positive and empowering portrayals of women and girls. The deadline for submission is November 29th, 2020. Decisions will be made by a panel of judges, prominent actors in government, diplomacy, and civil society and the winners will be announced during the 16 Days of Activism Campaign.
All submissions by November 29, 2020 should be sent to email@example.com. Pictures of the artworks should be submitted as a pdf or high quality jpeg file. Please include:
- Your name, email, phone number,
- A brief description of your artwork, how gender equality fed into the creative process,
- How the artwork portrays women and girls in a positive manner, and
- How positive portrayals of women and girls helps challenge social norms and stigma.
- Three winning artists will be awarded a certificate and a prize of $1,000 for the 1st place, $500 for the 2nd, and $250 for the 3rd place.
- Winners will be determined by a panel of judges and showcased on SEED’s social media and website and potentially at events recognizing the 16 days of Violence.