Subject: Request for Proposals for Book Designer/Illustrator
SEED Foundation with the support of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is implementing the ‘Protecting, Empowering, and Improving the Wellbeing of Adolescents in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq’ program. The aim of the program is to promote well-being and empower and protect adolescents from violence through the creation of modules for adolescent girls and boys to empower adolescents to lead healthy lives, playing a positive and contributing role in their families and communities. SEED Foundation will also develop a storybook for adolescent girls highlighting girls’ real-life challenges and experiences and raising awareness about key issues that girls face.
Scope of Consultancy:
SEED Foundation seeks an experienced illustrator with a proficient command of Kurdish Sorani, Arabic, or English language. The illustrator will be responsible for developing illustrations to accompany the text in a short children’s book that is aimed at imparting crucial lessons informed by the SEED’s Girls curriculum, including but not limited to leadership, self-confidence, anti-bullying, and physical and online safety.
The illustrator will be expected to present a storyboard based on the storybook text and, upon approval from the SEED Foundation, produce a full draft of the illustrations within a template – including making suggestions for text placement. The illustrations will undergo a number of revisions, subject to review and feedback by the SEED Foundation.
Furthermore, the illustrator may be asked to assist in the execution of focus group discussions with the target audience to verify the validity and appropriateness of the book. Following this, the illustrator will be requested to make any remaining edits and may be asked to attend any launch activities, if applicable and/or possible.
The illustrator will be duly credited as the sole illustrator of the book, in collaboration with SEED Foundation and with support from the Government of Germany through the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
Applicants would need to be available in October 2023.
SEED expects the consultant to commit to the assignment between October 2023 and February 2024, including remote work and time spent in the Kurdistan Region, if applicable. The consultant must complete the assignment within the timeframe specified.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The consultant will work closely with the Children’s author, CP Technical Advisors, the PSS manager, the Communications manager, and collaboratively with Program managers (remotely or in-person).
- The consultant will be required to utilize his/her own technology equipment and maintain workable Skype, Google Meet, and email accounts for communication.
- All materials produced by the consultant during the period of this consultancy will belong to SEED.
- The consultant must sign SEED’s Code of Conduct, and abide by all provisions of these policies for the duration of the consultancy period.
- The consultant will need to travel to areas of program implementation within the KRI.
Please submit the following before October 15, 2023, at 5:00 PM Iraq time:
- Letter outlining experience including
- Please describe your educational background, highlighting relevant qualifications.
- Indicate the languages you speak and your level of competence in listening, speaking, writing, and reading each language.
- Please describe your relevant experience including the number of years of experience.
- Attach a minimum of three samples of storybooks you have previously illustrated. The sample should be submitted in a Zip format or shared through a link in the same email along with the documents.
- Please add a work plan for conducting and implementing the deliverables in the RFP and their milestones including the dates you are available for the assignment. The timelines mentioned in the RFP may be confirmed.
- Commitment and interest to the work outlined in this RFP.
- Cost breakdown of professional fees and travel expenses in USD.
2. Resume/CV no longer than three pages (As an annex to the technical and financial proposal form including evidence of experience and Bank details).
3. Technical and financial proposals should be submitted by e-mail to SEED Procurement and Logistics Department through the email email@example.com by the date stated above. This RFP in no way obligates SEED Foundation to award a contract, nor does it commit SEED Foundation to pay any costs incurred.
For more information about evaluation and scoring please find the table below:
Your proposal will be evaluated based on the following criteria: